Updated May 7th, 2021
At Ober Gatlinburg Incorporated (“Ober Gatlinburg”, “Ober”, “we”, “us” or “our”) we take your privacy and the security of your information very seriously.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy please contact us at
1 Types of Information We Collect
Ober Gatlinburg may collect two types of information from users of our Sites and Services: “Personal Information” which is information that you voluntarily provide that can be used to identify you (such as name or e-mail address, etc.) and “Aggregate Information” which is information that cannot be used to identify you (such as frequency of visits to the Site, browser type, etc.)
- Personal Information Collected
- Ober Gatlinburg collects Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us when you use our Sites and Services, including our mobile applications. For example, you may provide us with your email address, first name and last name, or other Personal Information.
- We do not control your use of our Sites and Services to share Personal Information with others. If you chose to share information publicly through our website, mobile application or services, please understand that we cannot control the actions of third parties who could collect this information.
- Collection of Personal Information by Third Parties:
- For example, it is possible that your payment information, such as credit card or debit card information, and may be collected and stored by third party payment vendors, should you choose to provide such a payment method to a third party through your use of the Site or Services.
1.1.6 Our partners may place or recognize a cookie on your computer, device or in our emails/communications, and we may share personal information with them if you have submitted such information to us, such as your name, postal address, or email address. Our partners may link the personal information we share with them to the cookie stored on your browser or device, and they may collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type and version, mobile advertising IDs and demographic or inferred-interest information.
- Aggregate Information Collected
- Aggregate Information is information that does not identify you. Aggregate Information may be collected when you visit our Site or interact with our Services independent of any information you voluntarily Ober Gatlinburg may collect, use, store, and transfer Aggregate Information without restriction.
- For example, when you visit our Site, some information is automatically Such information could include your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that provides an address for your computer), operating system, the site from which you linked to us (“referring page”), the name of the website you chose to visit immediately after ours (called the “exit page”), information about other websites you have recently visited, browser (software used to browse the internet) type and language, device identifier numbers, your site activity, and the time and date of your visit. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
- Use of “Cookies”:
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to help us identify you when you come to our website. You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all If you choose to reject all cookies you may be unable to use those aspects of our Sites which require registration in order to participate. You can learn more about cookies and how they work at www.allaboutcookies.org. You can always disable cookies through your browser settings. Doing so, however, may disable certain features on our websites. To opt-out from third party cookies that are used for advertising purposes, you can do so on the NAI website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Ober Gatlinburg may use analytics, including Google Analytics to analyze traffic to this web site. Google Analytics does not create individual profiles for visitors and only collects aggregate data. To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics, please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
- Interest-Based Advertising:
- We may also participate in interest-based advertising using similar This means that you may see advertising on our Sites tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for Ober Gatlinburg and its properties on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites. Some websites where we may advertise belong to ad networks that use your web browsing history to choose which ads to display on their network websites; these ads include advertising for Ober Gatlinburg and its Sites, but no Personal Information about you is shared with those third party ad networks. Other websites where you see our ads, such as Facebook, Instagram, etc. may use interest preferences that you have chosen on those sites, as well as registration and other information about you, to choose which ads to display to you. Some internet browsers, websites such as Facebook and mobile devices offer
opt-outs for interest-based advertising. Please refer to the website that you are visiting, your browser and/or your device settings for additional information
- You can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from third parties who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the
opt-out pages on the NAI website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) and DAA website (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/).
2 Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
- Ober Gatlinburg may transfer Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of providing the Services. We may disclose Personal Information to our appropriate affiliates, including third party service providers, to provide you with the For example, we may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers to (i) process your payment for merchandise and (ii) communicate with our hotels regarding your reservation. These third party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use the Personal Information for any purposes other than to provide the services they have been hired to provide. Ober Gatlinburg does not sell, trade or otherwise share Personal Information with third parties for the marketing purposes of the third party.
- Ober Gatlinburg may also elect to transfer your Personal Information to third parties under special circumstances to: (i) to comply with a legal requirement, judicial
proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Ober Gatlinburg, (ii) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; (iii) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of Ober Gatlinburg; (iv) when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ober Gatlinburg or other persons, or (v) as otherwise required or permitted by law, including any contractual obligations of Ober Gatlinburg.
3 Corrections/Information Removal/Opt-Out
- You can request that any Personal Information stored by Ober Gatlinburg be deleted at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require you to provide certain information to verify that it is you making the request.
- We provide you the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. For example, if you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference in the website’s options area. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication.
4 Children and Privacy
- We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in connection with the features of our Sites or Services without the consent of a parent or guardian. If we become aware that an individual under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information through our Sites or Services, we will immediately remove the individual’s personally identifiable information from our files.
- If you are using our Site or Services on behalf of a child under the age of 13, including purchasing a Season Ski Pass for a child under the age of 13, you must either be that child’s parent or guardian, or have the permission of that child’s parent or guardian, to supply the required information.
5 Visitors That Reside Outside The United States
- Ober Gatlinburg provides its Sites and Services for the purpose of creating an enjoyable experience for its customers within the United States. The laws governing the collection and use of information within the United States may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to use our Site or Services, or share your Personal Information with Ober Gatlinburg, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of the United States as appropriate, and you are expressly consenting to the transfer of your data to the United States.
6 How Does Ober Gatlinburg Protect My Information
- Ober Gatlinburg takes the security of your Personal Information very seriously. Ober Gatlinburg uses reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the Personal Information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, Ober Gatlinburg cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third-parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your Personal Information.
- The security of any User Profile you create on any Ober Gatlinburg website relies on your protection of your User Profile Information. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your User Profile Information, including your password and for any and all activities that occur under your account. You may not share your password with We will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email, though we may ask you to enter this type of information on a Ober Gatlinburg website.
6.4. Any email or other communication purporting to be from one of our websites requesting your password or asking you to provide sensitive account information via email, should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to us immediately by emailing email@example.com. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your password, please change it immediately by logging in to your account
and selecting “Change Password” to change your password and report it immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each time you use Ober Gatlinburg website, the current version of the Policy will When you use any Ober Gatlinburg website, you should check the date of this Policy (which appears at the top of the Policy) and review any changes since the last version. Our business changes frequently and this Policy is subject to change from time to time. Unless stated otherwise, our current Policy applies to all information that we have about you. We will not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of your privacy without the consent of affected customers.
8 How Do I contact Ober Gatlinburg?
- To contact us with your questions or comments regarding this Policy or the information collection and dissemination practices of this website, please email us at email@example.com.
9 Governing Law
- This Policy is governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee, S.A. without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.
10 Intellectual Property Notice
All trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary materials herein are the property of Ober Gatlinburg Inc. and their respective owners. All rights reserved.